How to Write a Book Review on Amazon
Likes UP: How to Write a Book Review on Amazon
The anticipation of the book launch free giveaway of The Webinar Way has prompted a very important question. The question is not about webinars, it is about how to write a proper book review on Amazon.
|You must login to your Amazon Account. There are three things you can do to review on Amazon:
1) First Get the Book (easy)
2) Then write a review –or-
3) Post a video review
4) Buy for others (optional)
Here’s how to create a review on Amazon:
- Login into your Amazon account*.
- Visit the book detail page for the item on Amazon.com.
For the book, THE WEBINAR WAY, the detail page link: Amazon: The Webinar Way
- Click the “Create your own review” button in the Customer Reviews section.
- Enter the required information on the “create your review” page.
- In the “Share your opinion” section, click the radio button for the type of review you wish to submit.
- For a written review, enter your text in the box provided. The ideal length is 75 to 500 words.
- For a video review, click the “Browse” button to designate a video file, check the box to accept the Terms and Conditions, and click the “Upload video” button. Video reviews have a 10-minute limit, but 2 to 5 minutes is recommended.
- Preview and complete your review.
- Thank you in advance from the author of THE WEBINAR WAY, Sherrie Rose
*To write a review, you do NOT need to have purchased the book you’re reviewing but you must have purchased something from Amazon.
If you have purchased a book or digital item then you have an Amazon account and you can login in with your email and password.
If you have never purchased a book or product on Amazon, there is a 48-hour waiting period an item has been purchased before you’ll be able to submit your review.
Tips for writing a great review straight from Amazon:
- Include the “why”: The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked a book/product, but also why. Feel free to talk about related books/products and how this item compares to them.
- Be specific: Your review should focus on specific features of the book/product and your experience with it. For video reviews, we recommend that you write a brief introduction to go along with the video.
- Be sincere: Amazon welcomes your honest opinion about the book/product–positive or negative. Amazon does not remove reviews because they are critical. Amazon believes all helpful information can inform our customers’ buying decisions.
- KINDLE BOOKS (very important): Scroll all the way to the end to the last location before leaving your review.
- Changes: You can change, edit, and delete your review. Visit Your Amazon Profile and click the “See all reviews” link. You’ll find a link to edit your review.
- Video: Files for video reviews must meet the following format guidelines: Maximum file size: 100MB. Maximum length: 10 minutes. Accepted formats: avi, flv, mov, mpg, wmv
#LikesUP for Amazon Likes and Amazon Reviews
Revised June 2018