As the Liking Authority, which refers to two principles made famous by author Robert Ciadlini because “People prefer to say ‘yes’ to those they know and like,” and “People respect authority – They want to follow the lead of real experts,” the 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to be Persuasive are of great interest because small changes can make a big difference in your power of persuasion.
Based on the research of Dr. Robert Cialdini, this animation describes the Universal Principles of Persuasion.
Dr. Robert Cialdini & Steve Martin are co-authors (together with Dr. Noah Goldstein) of the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Business Week International Bestseller Yes! 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to be Persuasive. Dr. Robert Cialdini is Professor Emeritus of Psychology and Marketing, Arizona State University.
Here are some questions on persuasion:
- What one word can you start using today to increase your persuasiveness by more than fifty percent?
- Which item of stationery can dramatically increase people’s responses to your requests?
- How can you win over your rivals by inconveniencing them?
- Why does knowing that so many dentists are named Dennis improve your persuasive prowess?
- Why did a sign pointing out the problem of vandalism in the Petrified Forest National Park actually increase the theft of pieces of petrified wood?
- Why did sales of jam multiply tenfold when consumers were offered many fewer flavors?
- Why did people prefer a Mercedes immediately after giving reasons why they prefer a BMW?
- What simple message on cards left in hotel rooms greatly increased the number of people who behaved in environmentally friendly ways?
Every day we face the challenge of persuading others to do what we want. But what makes people say yes to our requests? Persuasion is not only an art, it is also a science, and researchers who study it have uncovered a series of hidden rules for moving people in your direction. Based on more than sixty years of research into the psychology of persuasion, Yes! reveals fifty simple but remarkably effective strategies that will make you much more persuasive at work and in your personal life, too.
Often counterintuitive, the findings presented in Yes! will steer you away from common pitfalls while empowering you with little known but proven wisdom. Recommended by Sherrie Rose, The Liking Authority.
#LikesUP for Yes! 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to be Persuasive by Dr. Robert Cialdini et al.